What is mud therapy?
Mud treatment - a treatment method with the usage of healing mud of various types. It is used in complex therapy and as an independent method of treatment and prevention of diseases.
Mud therapy in Kivach Clinic
The procedure is carried out with the use of therapeutic mud "Tomed" that is produced on the basis of ecologically clean peat. The peculiarity of peat mud consists of voluminous compounds - organic biostimulants and substances with recognized therapeutic activity.
The original chemical composition of peat is retained in the healing soils of "Tomed" due to the special processing technology, however, mineralization is increased and humic acids are transferred to the activated form.
- Musculoskeletal system diseases (arthritis, osteoarthritis, lumbago, sciatica, osteochondrosis, etc.).
- Rehabilitation after injuries and prolonged immobilization.
- Nervous system diseases (radiculitis, neuritis, polyneuritis, etc.).
- Digestive system diseases.
- Respiratory system diseases (chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma).
- Urologic diseases in chronic form (prostatitis, orchitis, etc.).
- Gynecological diseases in chronic form (adnexitis, parametritis, etc.).
- Skin diseases (ichthyosis, eczema, seborrhea, nesting baldness), burns, post traumatic scars, etc.
- Tissue respiration increases, lymph and blood circulation improve, metabolism is activated due to thermal and mechanical effects.
- The organism is enriched with trace elements, amino acids, enzymes, humic acids, oxidation-reduction processes are normalized due to the chemical effect.
- Adsorption action of mud promotes the excretion of metabolic products, salts, bacteria.
- Tactile, temperature, pain sensitivities are normalized.
- Stress state is relieved.
- Improvement of skin condition.
The technique of mud therapy
The treatment is carried out in courses. The number of procedures and their duration is determined by the doctor. The clinic uses an application technique that implies the application of therapeutic mud on various body parts.
When the substance is brought to the necessary temperature and consistency it is applied in a thin layer on a certain area and covered with a film to prevent drying.
It is essential to relax during the session in order to increase the effect of therapeutic mud and allow active substances to easily penetrate deep into the skin.
- Acute inflammatory processes.
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- Hyperthermia (fever).
- Malignant and benign neoplasms (fibromiomas, fibroids, mastopathies, etc.).
- Blood diseases.
- Thyroid gland diseases.
- Hypertensive disease of the III stage.
- Stenosis and aneurysm of the aorta, heart defects and ischemic heart disease in the stage of decompensation.
- Kidney diseases with violation of their function (nephrosis, nephritis, etc.).
- Varicose disease.
- Gynecological diseases on the background of hyperestrogenia (adenomyosis, endometriosis, ovarian cysts), as well as diseases that occur with a tendency to bleeding.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a medicinal preparation.
- Pregnancy, lactation.