What is kinesiotaping?
Kinesiotaping is a unique Japanese methodic of pain relief and rehabilitation acceleration which revolves around applying kinesio tapes –fabric tapes with the special adhesive coating that reacts to the warmth of the person’s skin. The tapes ensure the anatomically-correct operation of the muscles and restoration of tissue metabolism, which reduces pain and improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Hypoallergenic properties and absolute permeability of the material allow the application of tapes for up to 5 days, providing support and causing a therapeutic effect 24 hours a day. Without injections, ointments, pills and medications!
Effects of application
- improved of tissue metabolism;
- minimized pain syndrome;
- improved muscle tone and general motor function;
- soft fixation of damaged joints;
- indirect effect on internal organs.
General areas of application
- prevention and treatment of childhood ailments (cerebral palsy, scoliosis, valgus deformity, etc.);
- eliminating the consequences of injuries and facilitating rehabilitation;
- sports therapy;
Indications for the procedure
Kinesiotaping is advisable both as a stand-alone method and in combination with medicamental treatment, physiotherapy, manual therapy, acupuncture, exercise therapy in case of the following diseases:
- orthopedics: scoliosis, juvenile kyphosis, achillobursitis, varus deformity in children, sprained joint ligaments, cervical osteochondrosis.
- neurology: neurological manifestations of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis, myofascial pain syndrome in the torso, upper and lower limbs.
- gynecological diseases: violation of lymphatic drainage in varicose veins and after mastectomy, algodismenorrhea (menstrual pains).
- pediatrics: improving the performance of functional motor skills in children.
- sports medicine: prevention of sport-related injuries, post-traumatic pain syndrome of the joints of the upper and lower limbs, bruised soft tissues of the torso, upper and lower limbs, sprained joint ligaments of the upper and lower limbs.
Kinesiotaping for children
When working with children kinesiotaping method is often the most convenient and in a lot ways the most effective one as it doesn’t prevent your kid from going about his daily business with added necessary medical effect. Additionally, the effect on muscles and ligaments can be achieved without any medicine or restrictions. With the help of kinesiotaping ligaments can be corrected in case of their abnormal development, and muscles can be relaxed or strained, depending on the desired effect.
It is used for treatment of the following childhood ailments:
- pathological changes in the motor apparatus;
- cerebral palsy;
- deformation of limbs and feet (valgus deformity etc);
- swelling in limbs;
- scars on the skin that become significantly softer, stop causing discomfort and their structure becomes closer to normal skin’s.
- the tape can't be applied over the open wound;
- the tape can’t be applied in case of skin diseases;
- the tape application is not recommended in case of thrombosis;
- caution should be exerted when applying the tape while pregnant, especially during the last trimester;
- kinesiotaping is not allowed in case of allergic reactions;
- kinesiotaping is not allowed in case of oncological diseases.